“Android phone settings are fine, but still not receiving notifications?” Let’s fix it.
We get this question asked quite a lot. Unlike most recreational apps, most ApnaComplex notifications are critical and time sensitive in nature. So here’s a quick guide to fixing all your notification issues.
Remember, notification delivery depends on device settings. To ensure you receive notifications, please check each for the following carefully. This might take a little time but the notification issues you are facing can be resolved for good by following these:
- If you have any battery optimiser such as Greenify, Clean Master etc installed please whitelist ApnaComplex app in all of them.
- Please check the phone for MDM (mobile device management) software. This is usually installed by your company, you would need to get ApnaComplex in “Allowed apps”
- Some phones may kill notifications if you force kill the app (reference), so request you to not do that. Please exit by pressing the back button
- If your mobile has “Autostart” functionality, please make sure that ApnaComplex app is switched on for Autostart.
- For devices running Android version 6.0.1, check that your battery optimization is not preventing ApnaComplex from sending you notifications. Go to Settings>Battery>Overflow menu>Battery Optimization and turn off the option for ApnaComplex
Different phone models have issues with notifications due to their internal settings. We have listed remedial steps for some of the popular phones below.
There is a helpful list by slack, please check it out: Android Notification Issues
If your phone model is not listed here please send us a mail at email@example.com with the make and operating system of your phone.
Check that you are on the latest version of the ApnaComplex app. Also do a logout from the app and login again. If you are on the latest version it could be due to phone related issue. We also recommend that you whitelist the ApnaComplex app by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Optimisation.